If You Can Dream, You Can Draw!
From the Picasso-in-training to those who think they‘ll never get it, art becomes approachable and much more fun than ever imagined with KidzArt:
- A nurturing, non competitive environment
- Easy-to-learn drawing techniques that bring ideas to life
- Introduction to contemporary and visual art that sets the stage for a lifelong appreciation of the visual art
- Age appropriate, safe, professional-level art supplies that easily adapt to tools of self- expression
- Creative activities that promote problem solving
- Focusing exercises that enhance learning
- A recognition of individual style that is welcomed and celebrated
Saturday Morning Classes 2018
Preschool art classes (ages 4-6) run from 9:00am-9:45am
Elementary art classes (ages 6-12) run from 10:00am-11:00am
Classes will be held at the Maple Grove Arts Center 11666 Fountains Drive, Maple Grove (next to Wedding Day)
Session 6: May 5th, 12th, 19th, June 2nd, June 9th
Parties held at the Maple Grove Arts Center-11666 Fountains Drive, Maple Grove (next to Wedding Day)
KidzArt also offers birthday parties for ages 6 and up. Parties can be scheduled by calling KidzArt at 763-494-6957. Parties can be scheduled for times when the Arts Center is not being used for other class offerings or events.
- Painting Parties (paint on canvas, tote bags, or silk hoops)
- Drawing (choose from a number of drawing themes including Fancy Flamingo, Tea Party, Sports Zone, Prehistoric Dino Dig, Sparkle Cats, Ahoy Mate, and more!)
- 3-D projects (decorate piggy banks or marbleize blank books)
Marilyn Binkley & Lisa Vitkus
KidzArt MN Owners / Program Directors
The Program Directors of KidzArt in NW Minneapolis and surrounding suburbs, Marilyn Binkley and Lisa Vitkus, meet while teaching middle school art together. Marilyn has a B.S in Art Education and a Minor in Art History from the Pennsylvania State University. Lisa attended Hamline where she received a B.A in Fine Arts, and then went on to the University of Minnesota where she obtained her masters in Art Education. They taught for two years together before the art program was reduced and there was no longer a need for two teachers. The chance came along to buy the KidzArt franchise in this area, and they decided to seize this opportunity and take their knowledge of art and teaching down a new career path. They love being able to offer so many programs to expand art enrichment in Minnesota. From after school art classes, workshops, birthday parties, summer camps, and more they are able to reach a wider range of children.
Artists in their own right, Marilyn enjoys painting with watercolor and acrylics and photography and Lisa enjoys painting landscapes in oils as well as mixed media works to enhance the texture of her pieces.